Wednesday, October 1, 2014

AIR GUITAR!

Dear Jonah,

You are obsessed with air guitar right now. You love to sing "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons and head bang while you play the air guitar. Leo sings and dances with you. It is possibly the BEST part of our day(s). We watch "I Will Wait" and "Hopeless Wanderer" Over and Over.  In fact, 3 of my favorite memories from our trip to Utah have to do with Air Guitar. The first one was a Kell and Dan's wedding. After everything was over they turned on a dance mix. You immediately went out on the dance lawn and went air guitar crazy. Your hair was going wild with your head bang. All the nieces and nephews started dancing with you. Eventually Alina and I joined. And the bride and groom. Everyone started chanting, "Jonah! Jonah!" You didn't look up, but you smiled a little and played even harder. My cup runneth over. I was so happy you are you and that you are mine(ish), you know what I mean. I got all choked up. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.



The second one was at Wes and Pennelope's house. We were on their back patio chatting. You were out on the lawn and started singing "I Will Wait" with air guitar. Leo was on my lap. He heard you and from clear across the yard he started singing and dancing with you. You were looking at each other. Penelope said, "they're talking to each other!" It was so amazing. They ended up giving us a mini guitar! They kind of have big hearts.

The last one was on the way home. We played the song and you both sang your hearts out. I was sitting squished between you. We were all singing our guts out. During the instrumentals you would shout out, "AIR GUITAR!" Oh, Jonah.

No comments:

Post a Comment