Sunday, May 29, 2016

And the last day?!

 I don't know how it happened... but on Thursday you graduated from your first year of preschool. !!.
 We started it the usual way by dressing you and Leo in basically the same outfit and then slicking all of your hairs to the side.
 Leo has been cheering you on all year. And a big part of his week was walking you into preschool and picking you up after. But I think this cheer shows how excited he is that you will be around all summer.
 Every morning before preschool we went on our Pre-Preschool Cookie run. This is what I got when I asked you guys to smile for the picture.
 We love Ms. Stacy! She planned an awesome graduation program. Every time I think of us leaving her I get a little teary.
 On the way to your last day you told me that you had told Ms. Stacy that you wanted to be a dentist. A dentist... That was the first time I had heard that. At the graduation she read what everyone had written down. There were things like... a mom, as big as my daddy, a dragon.. and then yours... a dentist :). Later that day you said you were so scared to sing in the program, but that afterwards you had the best feeling in your throat. I am so proud of you for doing something important even though you were scared. Dad couldn't come because he was in Tucson. The next day you said to him, "Dad, why didn't you come to my graduation, it was really exciting.." Yeah, Dad, seriously.
We will miss our little ritual of you going to preschool. I love to think over the year of your progression in actually getting there. You cried the first few times. You sat on the couch and cried until you were ready and then you joined the class, but you never followed us up the stairs and you never called for us to come back and get you. You just needed to do your thing. After the first day, you would walk in backwards, holding my hand all the way from the car. You would walk backwards all the way down the stairs. Finally, one day you were able to walk in going forwards, but you still cried on the couch. Pretty soon you would be sad and I would have to carry you to your chair, but you could finally go strait to your chair. By the end you would do the whole thing without crying, but you and leo had to butt scoot down the stairs. Everytime. And that never changed. On the way to the last day you said that you liked preschool more every time you went ... :). Love you buddy, Leo and I are so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment